Feeling like an arugula salad today, I needed to also use up two shallots before they went bad, so I concocted this delicious lemon shallot vinaigrette. As the arugula is gone, I may finish the dressing with some fish tonight.
I rarely measure anything in the kitchen, so all values are approximate.
- 2 shallots
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 large lemon
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp freshly cracked pepper
- Finely dice the two shallots, sautÃ© over medium heat in the two tablespoons of olive oil until slightly browned and translucent.
- Finely chop the parsley for easier blending.
- Juice half the lemon, and gather about a teaspoon of zest.
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor and emulsify.
- Chill and serve.