openSUSE 11.0 Launch Party, Boston/Cambridge

On Thursday, June 19th at 6 PM, we’ll be holding an openSUSE 11.0 launch party at the Novell Cambridge office at 8 Cambridge Center (Kendall Square area). If you’re in the area, stop by with your appetite and a laptop. We’ll provide the pizza, network, install media, and live CDs!

Please RSVP in a comment on this post as I need a head count for the pizza order.

We hope to see you there!

This entry was posted in uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to openSUSE 11.0 Launch Party, Boston/Cambridge

1. Virat says:

Hi Abock,

I am an opensuse enthusiast and would love to join you guys and interact with the great minds as yours. Having the DVDs and Pizza are bonus that are also heartily welcomed :)

Catch you at the launch.

Virat

2. Zach says:

I’m in the area for the summer and I’d like to give openSUSE 11 a try. How would one find and gain entry to the building at the appropriate time?

Zach

3. Zach, http://tinyurl.com/5cz7ld

At the reception, ask for the Twix monopolist. They will know.

4. Sean Fell says:

Big fan of Suse for two years now. Cant be there.
    Enjoy the craic.
    Sean
    Ireland

5. Marcus Griep says:

Bah! I already have a commitment for tomorrow night for a couple hours. When do you think the fun will run until? If I can, I’ll try to make it over. Save a CD or two?

6. Guy Lunardi says:

I will be around and would love to join you!

It’s a green day today in Boston: Celtics and openSUSE.

7. Dan L. says:

All my personal computers run openSUSE!

RSVP for one, with a request for a vegetarian option in the pizza order.

8. Hi All,

I meant to post this yesterday, but here’s some help finding the place:

We’re just a couple of blocks From the Kendall/MIT T stop [1]. From there, go west on Main St, making the first right on Ames St (at the Legal seafood). Then take a left on Broadway and walk past the Residence Inn. We’re the building just after the courtyard next to the Residence. [2].

Email me (abockover novell com) if you have any questions.

[1] http://tinyurl.com/3jsu4o
    [2] http://tinyurl.com/5k9uft

9. James Mason says:

If only the party was over here on the left coast!

10. Zach says:

The party was fun. Thanks for putting it together.
    It was nice meeting everyone there!

Regards,
    Zach

11. Kenneth Christiansen says:

I love Banshee, really well done! congratulation. Now, please add UPnP support and it will be perfect!